ICD2012: Join the online community
Please join the conversation at the official ICD2012 social media sites:
- Facebook page: www.facebook.com/ICD2012
- Twitter: @ICD2012 (and use #ICD2012).
Please share these details with your contacts, or through your social media channels. And if you're tweeting about ICD, please include #ICD2012 within your tweet.
We are delighted to announce that a Tweet Up will be held at ICD2012. This will provide an exciting opportunity to meet colleagues from across the globe that are active in social media – including those experienced in this area, as well as beginners.
The Tweet Up will be on Wednesday 5 September from 6:30pm. This will be held in conjunction with the official ICD2012 Welcome Reception which is in the Trade Exhibition Hall. The Tweet Up will be within the Kitchen Demo Area.
Please note: only ICD2012 delegates are able to attend the Welcome Reception, and therefore the Tweet Up.
Follow @ICD2012 on Twitter in the lead up to and during the congress for details of the official ICD2012 Twitter competition. A week-long, single competition will be run in the lead-up to ICD, over a seven-day period, and a daily competition will be held each day of the congress (5-8 September). There will be great prizes to be won!
Terms and conditions of the Twitter competition
- To enter the competition, entrants must tweet a response to the weekly and/or the daily competitions, and this response must include the #ICD2012 hashtag.
- For the week-long competition, entries will open at 8am on Monday 27 August and close at 6pm on Sunday 2 September.
- For the daily competitions, entries will open at 8am each day and close at 6pm each day.
- Entrants may submit more than one entry to the week-long and/or the daily competitions.
- One winner for the weekly competition and one winner for each of the daily competitions will be selected from among the entries by a judging panel nominated by the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA).
- To be eligible for the competition, entrants must be following @ICD2012.
- The winning entries will be at the discretion of the judging panel.
- The judging panel must be satisfied that the entries meet a minimum standard for the prize to be given.
- Winners will be notified through Twitter by 10am the day after each competition closes. Prizes will be collected from the DAA stand within the Trade Exhibition Hall or another nominated point at ICD2012 (where possible), or will be delivered by post or other arrangement with prior consent from the winner.
If you are attending ICD and have a blog or a website, we have developed a badge to help promote your attendance. To use the ICD2012 'I'm Going!' blogger badge, access the HTML code below. Help us promote the worldwide excitement around ICD2012 within the social media arena – blog about this international event, and use the badge to highlight your attendance!
<a title="" href="http://www.icd2012.com/" target="_blank"><img class="none" src="http://daa.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Im-going-to-ICD-badge-150x150.jpg" alt="" /></a>
Are you presenting at ICD2012?
If the answer is 'yes', we encourage you to list your professional social media details at the end of your ICD2012 presentation.
Etiquette: Social media at ICD2012
The ICD2012 social media moderator will:
- Delete spam or comments that are off-topic, offensive, untruthful, libelous, threatening, discriminatory or demeaning.
- Reply to comments or posts when appropriate, but cannot reply to all comments or posts.
ICD2012 social media users acknowledge that:
- It is their responsibility to keep contributions professional and respectful.
- The information posted by individuals or groups external to ICD2012 represents the opinion of the participants and not necessarily the opinion of ICD2012.
- Any advertisements that may appear on the ICD2012 social media channels are independent of ICD2012, and the presence of these advertisements does not imply endorsement by ICD2012.